Subject: Meteorite preservation

Meteorite preservation

From: Robert J. Milevski <milevski>
Date: Wednesday, February 15, 1995
The following exchange appeared on Museum-L and is reproduced here
without the knowledge or consent of the authors.

    Date: 14 Feb 95
    Sender: Museum discussion list <MUSEUM-L [at] UNMVMA__BitNet>
    From: Chip Lindsey <doe [at] metronet__com>
    Subject: Meteorite preservation help.

    I am writing this for a cohort without access to the Net.

    Does anyone have some recent information about the conservation of
    iron-type meteorites?  Particularly in regards to prevention of
    corrosion on their surfaces.  Is there any type of coating that
    retards their oxidation?  Any thoughts are welcome.  You can respond
    to me directly or to the list if there is interest.

    Thanks in advance,

    Chip Lindsey
    Assistant Director of Education
    Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
    doe [at] fohnix__metronet__com