Subject: Photocopy toner

Photocopy toner

From: Paul Messier <pmessier>
Date: Wednesday, February 15, 1995
Regarding the inquiry on photocopier toner:

Within the past year I took a passing look into the issue of photocopy
permanence.  My impressions are that black toner is stable (at least as
stable as the paper base) if it is properly fused to the paper.
Therefore, the photocopier needs to be properly tuned to achieve
correct fusing temperatures.  Beyond that, I would speak to

    Gary Frost
    BookLab, Inc.
    1606 Headway Circle
    Suite 100
    Austin, TX 78752

I spoke to him last year on this topic.  He is knowledgeable and very
helpful.
Paul Messier
Conservator of Photographs and Works on Paper
77 Griggs Rd. Brookline, MA 02146
+1 617 738 7072
Fax: +1 617 738 8841

                Distributed: Thursday, February 16, 1995