Subject: Natural history title needed for microfilming project

Natural history title needed for microfilming project

From: Sam Demas <sgd1>
Date: Thursday, February 9, 1995
Canadian and U.S. Colleagues,

The Mann Library at Cornell and the New York State Library are
conducting a three year project to preserve the most significant local
and regional natural history materials in the Northeast bio-region (New
England states, N.Y., Penn., N.J., Ontario, and Quebec).  Canadian and
U.S. scientists and librarians have been most helpful in compiling a
bibliography of the universe of such publications, and in setting
preservation priorities among these publications by evaluating titles on
the lists.  We have completed the selection for preservation and are
filming the highest ranked materials.

We are seeking *loose* issues of a Canadian title (see below) to use in
microfilming.  Bound sets of these volumes will not film well.  If any
of you has loose issues in your library (or a bound set which has not
been trimmed excessively and which you are willing to have us disbind),
please contact me about the possibility of us borrowing those issues
(volumes).

If you do not own the title but know of a colleague whose library may
have it, please forward this message or let me know. The title is:

    Sylva; the lands and forests review.
    v. 1-v.17, no. 1. 1945-Jan/Feb. 1961. Toronto
    (Mann Library callnumber SD1 C4 .S97)

We need issues:

    v.1 no.2
    v.2 no.2
    v.4 nos.1,2
    v.5 no.4

Thanks in advance for considering this request for cooperation to film
complete. Looking forward,

Sam Demas
Head, Collection Development & Preservation
Albert R. Mann Library
Cornell University
Ithaca, N.Y. 14853
607-255-6919