Subject: History of science in conservation

History of science in conservation

From: Alan Howell <ahowell>
Date: Friday, February 10, 1995
I am posting this message on behalf of Tamara Lavrencic, a colleague of
mine, at the State Library of New South Wales. Please reply to me and I
will forward the message to Tamara.

    I am researching the "sciencing" of conservation. I am looking for
    references or opinions (that I can cite) on

    *   the history of conservation, particularly the transition from
        craft to science, and

    *   the role of science in conservation today

Alan Howell
Preservation Manager
State Library of New South Wales
Macquarie Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
+61 2 230 1679
Fax: +61 2 232 4816

                 Distributed: Sunday, February 12, 1995