Subject: Conservation of pith paper

Conservation of pith paper

From: Ingelise Nielsen <koskgrin>
Date: Saturday, February 11, 1995
One of our students is working on some Chinese miniature paintings on
so-called "pith paper", which is also referred to as "Tsuso paper" or
"rice paper". The paintings are very fragile and brittle and need to be
restored in some way.

I would like to hear if anyone has some experience or practical
information about the conservation and restoration of pith paper.
Furthermore, do you know where we can buy new pith paper. Thanks,

Ingelise Nielsen
School of Conservation
Esplanaden 34
DK-1263 Copenhagen K, Denmark