Subject: Humidifying exhibition cases

Humidifying exhibition cases

From: Jerry Shiner <70252.763>
Date: Friday, February 10, 1995
Carole S. DeFord writes:

>We are in need of advice regarding ways to humidify our wall showcases
>(4 ft x 3 ft) which have spotlights shining on them 6 ft away from the
>window glass.  We currently have organic anthropological items in there
>and the humidity has dropped to 25%.  They normally live at 45-50%. The
>cases obviously are not sealed into microclimates.

The Micro Climate Generator is a relatively new device which provides a
source of air tempered to an exact humidity for display cases.  It will
maintain constant humidity over a wide range of ambient temperatures.
(eg. lights on an off, daytime vs. nighttime temperature settings, etc.)

The air in the display case may be constantly filtered and recycled, or
the unit can act as a source of supply tempered air alone to one or more
cases.  They are an inventive lot at Micro Climate Technology, and seem
keen to modify the units as is necessary.

I list the Micro Climate Generator in the Keepsafe Anoxic Supplies
Catalogue, but MCTI themselves will be displaying their wares at
Restoration '95 in Boston at the end of this month.  If you need more
information, let me know.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems

                 Distributed: Sunday, February 12, 1995