Subject: Humidifying exhibition cases

Humidifying exhibition cases

From: Jane Ketcham <ketchamj>
Date: Monday, February 6, 1995
Carole DeFord <aa634 [at] detroit__freenet__org> wrote

>We are in need of advice regarding ways to humidify our wall showcases
>(4 ft x 3 ft) which have spotlights shining on them 6 ft away from the
>window glass.

relative humidity in exhibit cases, the Canadian Conservation Institute
has published a Technical Bulletin on Silica Gel that explains the use
of this buffering agent to help control relative humidity in enclosed
spaces. It is Technical Bulletin 10, by Raymond Lafontaine, and it is
free for the asking from

    CCI
    030 Innes Road
    Ottawa, K1A OM8
    Canada

Newer forms of silica gel in sheets and cassettes are easy to use. Made
by "Art-Sorb", they are available from many of the conservation
suppliers.

                 Distributed: Tuesday, February 7, 1995