Subject: Marking CD-ROMs

Marking CD-ROMs

From: Gwen Gregory <ggregory>
Date: Friday, February 3, 1995
I'm investigation methods for property stamping and otherwise marking
CD-ROMs.  Currently, we are not marking the discs at all, but we are
adding some circulating items to the collection and I think it's a good
items to mark the somehow, in the even that they get separated from
their case.  How do other libraries handle this, and what problems have
you run across? Does writing on CD's with a permanent marker have
long-term preservation consequences? Thanks for any information,

    Conservation OnLine, as this topic has been discussed before.

Gwen Gregory
Head, Post-Cataloging Unit
Technical Services Department
New Mexico State University Library