Subject: Humidifying exhibition cases

Humidifying exhibition cases

From: Carole DeFord <aa634>
Date: Monday, January 30, 1995
We are in need of advice regarding ways to humidify our wall showcases
(4 ft x 3 ft) which have spotlights shining on them 6 ft away from the
window glass.  We currently have organic anthropological items in there
and the humidity has dropped to 25%.  They normally live at 45-50%. The
cases obviously are not sealed into microclimates. If we could do that
we are looking for thoughts on how to control the humidity when the
temperature fluctuates in a daily cycle from 72-80 degrees which would
cause the capacity of the air in the case to change and we do not want
to cause mold development.

Carole S. DeFord
Collections Manager
Cranbrook Institute of Science