Subject: Cristoid Film

Cristoid Film

From: Roderick Hook <imageworkers>
Date: Sunday, January 29, 1995
Can anyone help with a research source on Cristoid film?  It was
manufactured by Sandell & Sons, in London, c1899-1914 (?) and was used
quite a bit by Frederick Evans, et al.  I'm interested in its chemical
composition, manufacturing and processing because of pending
duplication/conservation work on some negatives.  Its double gelatin
structure is what I am most interested in.   I checked Luis Nadeau's
process encyclopedia first and have been unable to find many other