Subject: AIC Education and Outreach Committee brown bag lunch

AIC Education and Outreach Committee brown bag lunch

From: Karen Motylewski <nedcc>
Date: Monday, January 30, 1995
I'm posting this for Lori van Handel and Helen Alten, who are not yet
online:

Many conservators now spend significant time in outreach, education, and
assessment for preventive conservation.  Some of us who spend all or
most of our time in these activities, often for poor and unsophisticated
organizations, are feeling a need to talk to each other in person.  We'd
like to pool our experience, mostly to avoid re-inventing solutions to
problems somebody else has solved.

If you want to talk about this topic at the AIC meeting in Minneapolis
(with the warning, if needed, that the work is almost never
self-supporting), there'll be an opportunity at the education and
outreach committee brown bag lunch at 12:30 on Thursday, June 8 (exact
location to be announced).  If you want more information, call Lori van
Handel at Wiliamstown Art Conservation Lab (413-458-5741) or Michelle
Flynn at AIC (202-452-9545).

Karen Motylewski
Northeast Document Conservation Center
100 Brickstone Square