Subject: Barrier creams

Barrier creams

From: Stuart Lauters <ssstuart%ts1a>
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 1995
I am seeking information on hand barrier-protection creams, specifically
Kerodex 51 and Kerodex 71. These products were recommended by
conservation professionals as safe to use while handling materials. I am
concerned since the labels of each product contain materials which I
consider "suspect", including petrolatum and mineral oil. Any
information would be helpful. Thank you in advance,

Stuart Lauters
Preservation Technician
California State Archives

                Distributed: Thursday, January 26, 1995