Subject: Publication on accelerated aging

Publication on accelerated aging

From: Jim Druzik <jdruzik>
Date: Friday, January 20, 1995
Ten years ago, late summer 1985, I was hired by the new Getty
Conservation Institute to monitor the contract research program of the
Scientific Program.  I inherited three projects that had been negotiated
by my supervisor Frank Preusser earlier that year.  One of those
projects was designed to "capture" the wisdom and accumulated knowledge
of Dr. Robert L. Feller on the subject of accelerated aging. That effort
would turn out to be one of our most ambitious conservation science
writing projects.  Robert Feller's goal was simply to write the book he
wished had been written when he was starting out in the 1950's.  Now
"Accelerated Aging: Photochemical and Thermal Aspects"  is available to
all.  And frankly, it's the best source of information on the subject
you can buy anywhere, any time, at any cost.  For ordering information
call Getty Trust Publications at 800-223-3431 or (foreign) +1 310 453
5352.

By the way, check out "Research Abstracts" at the same time.  The
"Abstracts" presents detailed information on almost 300 scientific
publications of the GCI.

James R. Druzik
The Getty Conservation Institute

                 Distributed: Sunday, January 22, 1995