Subject: Humidification of blueprints, bluelines, brownline prints

Humidification of blueprints, bluelines, brownline prints

From: Richard Saunders <alirs>
Date: Tuesday, January 10, 1995
Seeing the recent queries and responses about general map flattening
raises a question for our architectural drawing collection here at
MSU-Bozeman.  Since humidity typically accelerates chemical reactions,
how safe is humidification for ammonia-activated blueprint, blueline,
and brownline copies?  Does anyone have research on this type of
specific material?  We have scores of rolls in addition to our original
drawings, some of which are beginning to fade because of age, despite
our low ambient humidity in Montana.

Richard Saunders
Montana State Univ.

                Distributed: Thursday, January 12, 1995