Subject: Funding sources for audiotape preservation masters

Funding sources for audiotape preservation masters

From: William Real <realw>
Date: Monday, January 9, 1995
At the Andy Warhol Museum Archives we have a large collection of
audiotapes made by Andy Warhol, documenting vast portions of his life
and work.

We are looking for likely funding sources for producing preservation
masters and publicly accessible copies of these archival materials.  As
we are in the museum world, this is a bit off our usual track.  Can
anyone suggest likely avenues of support for this kind of a project?  We
are approaching IMS but are not optimistic that the project will fall
within their funding guidelines. Any leads would be appreciated.

William A. Real, Chief Conservator
The Carnegie Museum of Art
4400 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15213