Subject: Joint tacketing

Joint tacketing

From: Nancy Edstrom <edstrom>
Date: Friday, January 6, 1995
A paper in the 1991 Book and Paper Group Annual describes a procedure
called joint tacketing.  I would like to know if anyone has tried this
and what their experience has been.  Also, I've been reading Bernard
Middleton's The Restoration of Leather Bindings (2nd ed.).  Are there
any other (i.e. more current) books on working with leather bound books?
Thanks.

Nancy Edstrom
Illinois State Historical Library

                  Distributed: Monday, January 9, 1995