Subject: Matting and Framing for transport

Matting and Framing for transport

From: Wendy Bennett <bennettw>
Date: Wednesday, December 14, 1994
I'm looking for information about specifications for current practices
of matting packing and transporting works of art on paper. I am
interested specifically in researching temperature and humidity
protection for a group of mid to large size sketchbooks and drawing on
newsprint c. 1950's, which will be traveling overseas to three
non-climate controlled venues with high heat and humidity. I've already
been using as a guide Art in Transit, Handbook for Transporting
Paintings by Mervin Richard et. al.

Wendy Bennett
Paper Conservator
Carnegie Museum of Art/Andy Warhol Museum
Pittsburgh, PA

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 14, 1994