Subject: Binding music scores

Binding music scores

From: Gwen Gregory <ggregory>
Date: Thursday, December 8, 1994
I'm trying to develop new ways for us to handle binding of scores here
at our library.  Currently, we spend a lot of money having a commercial
bindery do such things as sew them flat for us or construct special
portfolios for sore with parts.  How do other libraries handle such
materials, especially with parts that must remain physically separate
pieces?  What storage methods work well when shelved in with the general
collection for circulation, as ours are?  Any suggestions are
appreciated.

Gwen Gregory
Head, Post-Cataloging Unit
Technical Services Department