Subject: Inspection of preservation microfilm

Inspection of preservation microfilm

From: Lisa Fox <lfox>
Date: Saturday, December 10, 1994
I am looking for documentation on library/archives set-ups for
inspection of preservation microfilm.  Here are the kinds of things I
would like to see:

    *   floor plans of the inspection area

    *   diagrams of the inspection station itself.  By inspection
        station, I mean (somewhat generically, I suppose) the
        workstation with light box, rewinds, densitometer, microscope,
        etc.

    *   lists/specs on the equipment, major supplies, and furnishings
        you use--including (if recently purchased) prices, model #s,
        etc.

This request is in conjunction with my work on the ARL preservation
microfilming guide.  I would not use any of this information without the
institution's permission, and would of course credit the source of any
materials I use/adapt in the book.

You may send info (or direct questions) to me at the address below.

Lisa Fox
840 Rosedale Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30312-3626

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 11, 1994