Subject: Labelling

Labelling

From: Noel Carmack <NOECAR>
Date: Tuesday, December 6, 1994
While we're on the subject of post-it-note adhesive and removable Magic
Scotch Tape, let me ask about label protectors. We're having a terrible
time keeping our book labels on the spines. Over time, they dry out and
fall off.  The cataloging department has tried Scotch brand book tape,
High Smith label protectors, and even, yes, even clear packing tape
(Ugh!).  Does anyone have any recommendations on an effective,
inexpensive, "archival" label protector that will work well?

Noel A. Carmack
Library Conservator
Merrill Library
Utah State University