Subject: Schott reading lamps

Schott reading lamps

From: Mike Widener <mwidener>
Date: Friday, December 2, 1994
My library director has asked me to get information on a reading lamp he
saw at Lincoln's Inn Library in London.  He describes it as "a cold
light reading lamp, which is manufactured by a German scientific
company, Schott. It is used by scientists when they don't want any heat
from the bulb, and researchers use this lamp in reading manuscripts, so
there is no chance of disturbing the vellum."  I searched the CoOL
databases and found nothing on Schott. If you have any information on
this lamp, and/or know how to contact the manufacturer or a distributor,
please get in touch with me. Thanks in advance,

Mike Widener
Archivist/Rare Books Librarian
Tarlton Law Library
University of Texas at Austin