Subject: Visiting Princeton during ALA midwinter meeting

Visiting Princeton during ALA midwinter meeting

From: Robert J. Milevski <milevski>
Date: Wednesday, November 16, 1994
I would like to extend an invitation to my preservation, conservation,
bookbinding, and book arts colleagues on the list who are thinking about
or planning on attending the American Library Association's midwinter
meeting in Philadelphia from February 3-9, 1995.

On Thursday, February 2, the day prior to the beginning of the meetings,
I would like to invite conference attendees to travel to Philly one day
early to tour the Preservation Office at Princeton University Libraries.
A bus would pick you up at the headquarters hotel in Philadelphia in the
early AM, probably 8 or so, and transport you to Princeton.  We are
little more than an hour from Philadelphia.  At Princeton you would get
a short tour of the Firestone Library followed by a full tour of the
Preservation Office. After the tour, lunch will be provided.  Following
lunch, folk are invited to continue to stay and talk shop or mosey
around the lab, the library, the campus or the Borough, the main
shopping area of which is directly across the street from the Library.
In the late afternoon, 4/5 PM or later, the bus would whisk everyone
back to the morning pickup point.

Any takers?  I would like to personally hear from you.  Please email or
call me with your interest in the tour by December 9 .  I will not
conduct the tour unless a minimum of 15 folk sign-up.  Thanks.

Robert J. Milevski
Preservation Librarian
Princeton University Libraries
One Washington Road