Subject: Odor removal

Odor removal

From: Melanie Martin <MELANIE>
Date: Tuesday, November 15, 1994
In 1978-79 I also had the misfortune of having many of my books sprayed
by a cat. This was long before I got into conservation. My solution was
to very generously sprinkle baking soda all over the bindings and
in-between the pages of the books. After a few weeks I brushed out the
baking soda. It did no apparent physical damage and the books, which I
still have, do not smell and show no unusual signs of aging, etc.

Melanie Martin

                 Distributed: Sunday, November 20, 1994