Subject: Vue-All boxes

Vue-All boxes

From: James Cartwright <jimc>
Date: Thursday, November 10, 1994
Our preservation officer recently brought us a storage box to evaluate.
It is of white plastic, about 12.25 x 10.5 x 2 inches with a metal
three-ring mount inside, made by "Vue-All".  Questions: is the metal
really stainless steel?  Will it rust in a high humidity environment?
Is the plastic stable or will it give of harmful gases?

We will use these boxes, if we buy them, for nonarchival storage.  If
they serve well, however, I wish to know of potential dangers for
archival storage so I'm asking now for any input from you.  Thanks,

James F. Cartwright
University Archives
University of Hawaii

                 Distributed: Sunday, November 13, 1994