Subject: Sources for Canada Balsam

Sources for Canada Balsam

From: Linda Ellis <ellisl>
Date: Thursday, November 10, 1994
I am looking for vendors/sources for Canada Balsam (pine adhesive for
thin-sections) in order to make thin-sections for microscopy.  I have
used, and would like to discontinue using, various commercial epoxies.
Besides the noxious smells, I find epoxies very awkward.  I want to
return to the tried-and-true old-fashioned method of using Canada Balsam
which has never given me any trouble.  Unfortunately, since moving from
New England, I have been unable to locate vendors.  Does anyone know of
reliable vendors?  Thank you in advance.

Prof. Linda Ellis
Director-Museum Studies Program
San  Francisco State University

                 Distributed: Sunday, November 13, 1994