Subject: Board shears

Board shears

From: Martha Jackson <mjackson>
Date: Friday, November 11, 1994
We have three very old (first, second, third, ?-handed) John Jacques &
Son boardshears.  If you can find one of those, in good condition, you
will have a life-time tool.  If not, I highly recommend the type that LC
has. I am sorry to say that I cannot recall the make of them.  You can
reach LC's booklab at (202) 707-5634; I am sure someone there will
supply the information.  The following describes our boardshears:

    two have:    39" cutting width
                 61" x 81" floor space occupied

    one has:     38" cutting width
                 61" x 81" floor space occupied

Note:  We have found that the 39" cutting width shear accommodates most
ordered supplies that are not precut to our specifications by the
supplier.  This applies mostly to boards and papers.

                 Distributed: Sunday, November 13, 1994