Subject: Board shears

Board shears

From: Eric Alstrom <alstrom>
Date: Friday, November 4, 1994
I am looking for information regarding the type of boardshears list
participants use and any comments you might have on this matter.  Alden
Library's Preservation Department is in the process of purchasing a new
shear and are examining the options available to us.  Currently, we are
looking at a Vaggelli Model 080 (with a 31-1/2" cutting width).

What I would like to know is what kind of shear you currently use, its
dimensions (especially the cutting width), the floor space it occupies
(including space for the operator) and any comments on your particular
brand/model or opinions on boardshears in general.

I would appreciate any response you might be able to give and ask if you
might be able to supply this information as soon as possible--our window
of opportunity is closing.  Thank you very much.

Eric C. Alstrom, Collections Conservator
Alden Library, Ohio University
Athens, Ohio  45701

                 Distributed: Monday, November 7, 1994