Subject: Acrylic ink

Acrylic ink

From: Kate Desulis <kdesulis>
Date: Wednesday, November 2, 1994
We, too, use soluvar varnish as a basecoat and topcoat for permanent
labeling of artifacts.  In the past we had been painting numbers with
permanent drawing ink (the same kind used in rapidograph pens).  We had
a lot of trouble  keeping the white ink fluid, so we've switched to
using permanent acrylic artist's ink (FW brand Acrylic Artist's Ink made
by Daler Rowney).  Does anyone know of any problems associated with
acrylic inks?  Are these as safe to use as the drawing inks? Thanks for
any help you can give.

Kate Desulis
The Adler Planetarium
Chicago, Illinois