Subject: Pest control

Pest control

From: Ellen McCrady <abbeypub>
Date: Thursday, November 3, 1994
Two suggestions occur to me, re Dean DeBolt's heat & humidity problem in
the renovated dock area, described in Cons DistList Instance: Instance:
8:33.  I don't know how many books he has there, or how long they'll be
there, or how much room there is to work with, but my suggestions are

    a.  put up a temporary room-within-a-room, with its own T & RH
        control, or

    b.  rent a heat pipe and air conditioner.

The heat pipe removes moisture from the air in a cost-effective way, and
is popular in subtropical and tropical areas.  I called Heat Pipe
Technologies (904-462-3464) and asked them to call on Dean DeBolt at the
University of West Florida today (Nov. 3).

Another possibility is to call the company Moisture Control.  They can
hook up a big air pipe to the area and pump in dry cool air; it's used a
lot after floods.

Ellen McCrady

                 Distributed: Monday, November 7, 1994