Subject: Pest control

Pest control

From: Dean DeBolt <ddebolt>
Date: Tuesday, November 1, 1994
We are in temporary quarters--a renovated large dock area--while the
main library is under renovation.  Maintenance of regular temperature
and humidity controls has been a real strain, with some outbreaks of
mold on books.  I have been unsuccessful both in eradicating the mold
and in getting campus assistance on the problem.  Now we are beginning
to find large groups of tiny white bugs in boxes---to me, they appear to
be book lice, but in large numbers but visible to the eye.  Does anyone
have experience with these or can you tell me some simple short-term
techniques to eradicate/control them?   I truly think we'll solve some
of these problems when we get back to the strict controlled environment
(68 degrees, 50-55% humidity) that we had before.

Dean DeBolt
University of West Florida

                Distributed: Thursday, November 3, 1994