Subject: Cleaning books

Cleaning books

From: Dina Schoonmaker <dina_schoonmaker>
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 1994
cloths, remove each book from the shelf, hold it firmly in one hand with
the foreedge tipped down, and wipe the top edge from spine to front.
When the dust cloths get dirty I take a pile home and wash them in
machine.  Each one can be reused many times, some of ours are still
useable after 5 or 6 washings.  The dust cloths can be bought in bundles
of 10 from several vendors including TALAS.

Dina Schoonmaker
Special Collections & Preservation
Oberlin College Library

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 26, 1994