Subject: Removing labels from vinyl

Removing labels from vinyl

From: Ellen McCrady <abbeypub>
Date: Monday, October 24, 1994
A couple of years ago, Lisa Mibach asked how people (a) put labels on
their vinyl notebooks, and (b) cleaned off the goo when the labels fell
off.  I have two solutions to (a) and one to (b).  Apply acrylic paint
to the area first, to keep the plasticizer from migrating into the
adhesive; this extends its life but does not make it immortal.  Or you
can cut diagonal slits, like photo corners, for your label.  To remove
the adhesive, I apply 3-in-One oil and let it sit, then wipe off.
Sometimes it takes two or three applications.

    **** Moderator's comments:   For the record, the original query was
    from someone named Hugh <HH9503 [at] ALBNYVMS__BITNET> on the Archives
    list, reposted by Nancy Elkington. Lisa responded in DistList
    Instance: 6:31

Ellen McCrady
Abbey Publications

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 26, 1994