Subject: Building specifications

Building specifications

From: Michael Mccolgin <mimccol>
Date: Friday, October 21, 1994
A photo curator friend called me to ask about some specs for a new
building her agency is planning, and we'd appreciate a variety of
opinions.  She is especially interested in:

1.  What special paint or finish she should specify for the walls of the
    vaults.

2.  What type of finish she should specify for shelving, with vendors if
    possible.

3.  The *optimum* temperature and relative humidity for paper and for
    photographic materials.  She may be able to have two vaults and
    wondered how she should group the materials, such as paper and photo
    prints in one vault with negatives in another, or all photo
    materials together, etc.

Lynn and I thank you for your insights and opinions.

Michael McColgin, Preservation Officer
Arizona State Archives
1700 West Washington
Phoenix, AZ  85007