Subject: Electrolysis of metal threaded textiles

Electrolysis of metal threaded textiles

From: Lisa Mibach <perygrine>
Date: Sunday, October 23, 1994
David Hallam writes:

>Has anyone successfully treated tarnished metallic bound textile by
>electrolytic methods?

About 20 years ago I cleaned some silver wrapped thread by sewing it
between metal mosquito screening with cotton thread, but I can't
remember the electrolyte--might be able to look it up if you need it,
David (the usual current density). Worked beautifully, but I don't know
if there was any effect on the fibre core, other than what the
electrolyte soak might do.  I washed it like crazy...didn't have
equipment to do other testing. (ps have you finished your treatise on
aluminum?)

Lisa Mibach

                 Distributed: Tuesday, October 25, 1994