Subject: Microfilm storage boxes

Microfilm storage boxes

From: Hilary A. Kaplan <bm.gsk>
Date: Wednesday, October 5, 1994
We are interested in purchasing microfilm storage boxes that are both
durable (for storage of reference film) and chemically stable (for
storage of master negatives). We would ideally like to find these
characteristics in one box (to simplify purchasing--this *is* State
government), but we are also open to other suggestions--if you have a
box you think is great, but only use it for one purpose. Right now, our
reference boxes barely withstand two uses unless the boxes are
reinforced with 2-3" wide packaging tape (the custom for the last
several years).  While I am not thrilled with this solution, it works.
(There is no adverse effect on the film.)  If you would prefer to
respond to me directly rather than the list, I will be happy to
summarize the information I receive for the List.  Thanks your.

Hilary A. Kaplan
Conservator
Georgia Department of Archives and History

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 5, 1994