Subject: Soy Ink

Soy Ink

From: Dean DeBolt <ddebolt>
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 1994
Our paper reports Tuesday that Congress signed off on legislation that
requires Government printers (chiefly GPO) to switch from
petroleum-based ink to soy ink.   For the list:

I would like to know of any studies in terms of preservation of soy ink
printed materials.  Any preservation problems that we should know about,
in light of Congress' passage of a new law requiring Government printers
to switch from petroleum to soybean-based ink.

Dean DeBolt, University of West Florida

               Distributed: Thursday, September 22, 1994