Subject: Mold health hazards

Mold health hazards

From: Jean Bailey <jbailey>
Date: Thursday, September 22, 1994
I am responding to Mary Todd Glaser recommendation that mold-sensitive
people should use special masks.  My concern relates to the fact that
extreme sensitivity can occur suddenly and therefore staff are not
identified as mold-sensitive until after an incident.

As a supervisor I am legally bound to ensure that my staff are not
placed at risk and yet the mold problem has to be handled.  Should *all*
staff wear the toxic dust mask?

Jean Bailey
Conservation Unit
Fisher Library FO3
University of Sydney
NSW 2006 Australia
+61 2 692 4691
Fax: +61 2 692 2890

               Distributed: Thursday, September 22, 1994