Subject: Highlighter pens

Highlighter pens

From: Jan Lyall <j.lyall>
Date: Tuesday, September 6, 1994
At the National Preservation Office we receive many enquiries from the
public on various preservation topics.

One of these enquiries was regarding the effects of highlighter pens on
normal paper (not thermal fax paper).  We believe that it is considered
safe to use highlighter pens but are not sure if that is the current
opinion.

If anyone has any information on the effects of highlighter pens I would
love to here from them. Thank you,

Jan Lyall
National Preservation Office
National Library of Australia
+61-6-262-1571
Fax: +61-6-257-1703

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 14, 1994