Subject: Printer for labelling

Printer for labelling

From: Patricia Palmer <pepalmer>
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 1994
Our IBM Quietwriter is in its death rattle and we are looking at new
printers for our labelling operation.  We are considering dot matrix
printers adaptable for "that darn Selin contraption" along with thermal
printers.  We currently use Vernon Labelling System software.  In the
next few weeks we will be trying the Sato M-8400 thermal printer.  Does
anyone have any experience with this particular printer?  I would
appreciate any comments/suggestions/ recommendations to help me in my
decision making.

Patricia Palmer
Head, Preservation Services
Virginia Commonwealth University

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 14, 1994