Subject: Future of conservation/preservation funding

Future of conservation/preservation funding

From: Craig Deller <Craig1708>
Date: Monday, September 5, 1994
Karen Motylewski <nedcc [at] world__std__com> writes:

>I'm increasingly demoralized by by what seems to be a wholesale flight
>to replace traditional forms of information access and transfer

I would like to say that the idea that we are moving to a "virtual" mode
of exchange of ideas is not supplanting face to face conversation, that
is why we have Annual meetings, seminars and symposiums which will never
cease to exist. This cyberspace world we are in at this moment allows us
to exchange our concepts quickly and at will. I don't think you want me
to call you at 4 a.m to tell you all of this.

Craig

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 14, 1994