Subject: Microclimate generators

Microclimate generators

From: Jerry Shiner <70252.763>
Date: Thursday, August 25, 1994
We will be offering a Micro Climate Generator in our new  Anoxic
Supplies Catalogue (available this fall), it is described as follows:

    The Micro Climate Generator will provide a constant source of
    filtered air tempered to a precise humidity, even as the ambient
    temperature changes.  A single small, quiet, unobtrusive unit can
    service up to 600 cubic feet of display case(s).  The Micro Climate
    Generator's constant circulation of air avoids the problems of air
    stratification, complete sealing, and intrusive maintenance demanded
    by sealed (silica gel) display cases. Constant electronic monitoring
    (via integral digital readout, and optional PC interface) is a
    standard feature.

Suggested Applications:

    Maintaining a precise humidity in a display case using a Micro
    Climate generator may be substantially less expensive than
    maintaining HVAC for the entire room.  Systems may use recirculating
    air, or air can be supplied a "positive pressure" of tempered air
    may be supplied to a set of display cases.

Technical Specifications:

    The Micro Climate Generator consists of two small modules.  The
    control module is about 8"H X 9"D X 18"W, and the generator module
    is about  20"H X 10"D X 18"W.  It requires a standard electrical
    outlet, and can maintain a stable RH over a wide range of
    temperatures.  Commands are entered via an integral keypad, a small
    indicator panel provides a constant monitoring of temperature and
    humidity.  A discrete case mounted visual alarm indicator is
    available.

The ROM in Toronto is installing a generator to service a series of
cases.  We have a brochure describing these units available on request.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems, Inc.

                Distributed: Thursday, September 1, 1994