Subject: Administrivia

Administrivia

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Thursday, September 1, 1994
Every once in a while someone asks about the DistList's policy about
announcements concerning commercial items.  Since today's mailing
contains such an item I thought I'd take a moment and make things
explicit. The DistList welcomes "commercial" announcements for
conservation products (and only conservation products) as long as they
are primarily information in character and intended as a service to the
conservation community. Vendors are *encouraged* to send in
announcements of significant new products--rehashes of old product lists
and outright advertisement ("Buy my product, it's better than the other
one") will normally be refused). If the traffic becomes too burdensome,
I may choose to segregate commercial announcements, placing them in
separate mailings so that those who aren't interested can ignore them. I
reserve the right to refuse any posting on whatever arbitrary grounds
suit my mood at the moment.

                Distributed: Thursday, September 1, 1994