Subject: Musty odors in books

Musty odors in books

From: Schobernd Beth <BETH.MLBMHS>
Date: Tuesday, August 23, 1994
luck using charcoal  to absorb odors of this kind.   Use any container
that can be closed fairly tightly (box, garbage can, etc.) with a pie
pan full of charcoal briquets in the bottom.  Stand the books, fanned
open if possible, in the container with the charcoal and close the
container tightly.  Leave for a few days.  We have found this treatment
to significantly decrease musty odors.

Beth Schobernd
Illinois State University
8900 Milner Library