Subject: Anoxic packaging supplies, etc.

Anoxic packaging supplies, etc.

From: Jerry Shiner <70252.763>
Date: Monday, August 1, 1994
We are now developing a catalogue of supplies for Anoxic packaging and
other high-tech barrier films and supplies.  Before we go too far, we
would like to gauge the need for such a one-stop source, and determine
what other items would be useful. We are also interested in your
thoughts on minimum order sizes, catalogue design, the maximum
acceptable time between most orders and delivery, etc.  Most
importantly, any estimation on your needs would be very useful to us: eg
what kind of supplies (barrier film bags, Ageless, plastic sheeting,
etc.would you need, and how often would you forsee your need for these
items.

The following is a short listing of the materials we expect to be
offering:

1. Barrier Films & Bags

    ACLAR Films (by the yard) and pre-made ACLAR Bags
    Mylar or nylon /EVOH/poly Films (by the yard) and pre-made EVOH Bags
    Static Intercept Film & Products ( a new product from AT&T)
    Heat Resistant, Glass Coated Films & Products (Rollprint)
    Tyvek (uncoated or treated, surgical quality)
    High barrier Garment Storage Bags (a very neat, reusable system,
        excellent for furs)

2. Sealing Systems

    Reusable plastic closures/clips for bags
    Jaw Sealers
    Impulse Sealer
    Rotary (wheel) Sealers
    Tapes
    Vacuum Sealing System (presently called Docupac, excellent for
        archiving papers)
\
3. Oxygen Scavengers and Indicators

    Ageless (Mitsubishi's scavenger products)
    Ageless Eye (Oxygen Indicator, various types are available)
    Humidity Indicator Cards

4. Measuring and Monitoring Equipment

    Oxygen level meters

5. Micro Climate Control Systems

    A Micro Climate Generator for display cases which is now available.
    Further improvements, including an oxygen scavenging system are now
        under development.

6. Miscellaneous Supplies

    "Ageless" Storage Chamber
    Static Electricity Reduction Tools
    Warning and other Labels

I am also considering an interesting 2 dimensional bar code system which
can contain over 3000 characters, with redundancy, on a 3 inch square
label. Also being considered is an application which uses the anoxic bag
system for deacidifying books or papers on an individual basis.

Please drop me a line via Compuserve, and let me know of your interests.
Again, any estimates you might have of your expected volume of purchases
(no commitment, no follow up calls, just an estimate) would help me in
raising funds and determining stock levels.  Thanking you in advance, I
remain,

Yours truly,
Jerry Shiner

                 Distributed: Tuesday, August 16, 1994