Subject: Invisible ink

Invisible ink

From: John Joseph Decker <jdecker>
Date: Monday, August 8, 1994
    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is not
    on the DistList and will not see any responses that are posted here.
    Please respond directly to sender and post here as well, as this is
    a subject that interests many of us.

Although I am not professionally involved with the conservation of
library, archives, or museum materials, I would be interested in any
written or bibliographical material on secret inks.

I am a high school science teacher and have always been intrigued by the
chemistry involved on paper substrates. The visualization of the secret
ink by suitable chemical reagents or physical means such as ultra-violet
light is perhaps like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

If any one on your electronic forum can help me I would sincerely
appreciate it. Thanks,

John Decker
P.O. Box 663
Palacios, Texas 77465