Subject: Brittle books project planning

Brittle books project planning

From: Floyd T. Sweeting III <metart1>
Date: Monday, July 25, 1994
I'm sending out the following message from our Preservation Librarian, I
have posted it to ARLIS-L and RLIN-L, but just came across info about
Conservation DistList.  She doesn't have access to e-mail yet from her
office, but I will be happy to forward any messages to her.

   "The Watson Library is planning for an integrated brittle book
    project that involves a full range of preservation options for its
    art research collections.  This is the first large-scale brittle
    book project we have engaged in and any information which could help
    us to successfully plan and implement it would be greatly
    appreciated.  Any information on staffing, budgeting, timetables,
    materials selection and other information, especially successful
    grant applications for brittle book projects, would be helpful.

    Please reply to

        Mindell Dubansky
        212-879-5500 ext. 3220
        Fax: 212-570-3847