Subject: Ceiling tiles

Ceiling tiles

From: Frank A. Reynolds <fr0c+>
Date: Thursday, July 28, 1994
First of all thanks for the posted and e-mailed replies to "Water
spills".

In addition to the dripping water, we have a separate but related
problem of water logged ceiling tiles.  The ceiling tiles are 24 x 43
and appear to be just self-adhering pressed particles (with little or no
adhesive holding the particles together).  When they become saturated
with water they collapse.  If they hit the floor they splatter (not a
pleasant sight in a library).

Are there any ceiling tiles with a moisture barrier or foil backing that
might be better than the ones now used in our areas?   If any of you
have had to deal with collapsing water logged ceiling tiles, what did
you do?

                  Distributed: Monday, August 1, 1994