Subject: Water spills

Water spills

From: Linda Nainis <p00232>
Date: Wednesday, July 20, 1994
Regarding Mr. Reynold's query about directing water from an area where
there are multiple leaks:  the Water Diverter is somewhat like what he
envisions (The Book Poncho).  It diverts water to drain, bucket or sink.
It is an overhead tarp made of industrial vinyl fabric reinforced with
polyester.  It has brass grommets around the edge for installation/
suspension with rope.  It has a drain opening made of polyethylene with
a garden hose attachment.  It comes in several three-foot-width sizes:
3'x 6', 3'x 8', 3' x 10' and several six-foot-width sizes: 6' x 6', 6' x
8' and 6'x 10'.  The price ranges from about $50 to about $70.

These water diverters were developed mainly for industrial applications,
to protect machinery and stock.  They are used also in the government
(by NASA I'm told) for extra protection in areas that should not leak,
but where extra precautions are being taken because of the value of
stored materials and equipment.  The Water Diverter is available through
ProText, Inc.  It is a recent addition to our continually expanding
product line that can assist in responsible disaster preparedness.

Linda Nainis
ProText, Inc.
3515 Leland Street
Bethesda, MD  20815