Subject: Self-service photocopying

Self-service photocopying

From: Merrily Smith <nppo>
Date: Tuesday, July 12, 1994
    The Library of Congress is working Library-wide to review and set
    more effective standardized guidelines for the use of self-service
    photocopiers by LC patrons.  Our goal is to fulfill the needs of our
    patrons while at the same time putting our collections at an
    absolute minimum of risk.  I am interested in knowing what others
    have tried in terms of policy and guidelines in this area and what
    has or has not worked.  Some of the broader issues the Library needs
    to consider are care and handling, service to patrons, selection and
    security.

    Bob Muens

Merrily Smith
National Preservation Program Office