Subject: Bookcraft Library binding system

Bookcraft Library binding system

From: Claudia Stall <cstall>
Date: Thursday, June 30, 1994
Our current GBC thermal binder has had heavy use over the last 5 years,
is broken in several areas, and is no longer repairable.  We are looking
for something to replace it with and want to know about similar products
on the market, how they work (or fail to work), the ease of use, quality
of the folders, glue, service, supplies, etc.

We use our current machine almost daily during the school year.  We bind
up to 2 inch spines tho most are 1/2 to 1" in size.

One kind I saw is in the Gaylord catalog called the Bookcraft 380 binder
system.  They are unable to supply me with any names of users.  If you
are using this or a system you like within a reasonable distance of San
Diego, I would appreciate knowing about it.  I may be able to visit for
a demo.

I am not unhappy with the GBC binder but replacement is rather pricy,
about double the Bookcraft binder.  At the time we purchased it, it was
the only one on the market that we knew about.  Thanks in advance for
your information.

Ms. Claudia M. Stall, Head
Collection Preservation/Mendery

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 10, 1994